Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I may earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running my site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Are you a gluten free household, and following the Trim Healthy Plan? I got you, Lovely Lady!
I am sharing our weekly menu plan for our family of 9, for the week of April 24-30, 2022.
If I had the freezer space to do it, once a month cooking would be my ideal way to manage meal preparation, but most of our freezer space is tied up in our home-raised meats and frozen fruits and veggie stash to help us in our rural western Montana life.
We also plan our food days to coincide with our Saturday sabbath, or Shabbat, and our Leftover day is Sunday.
This helps us eat our way through our leftovers, while also giving this Mama a day off from cooking….WIN!
If you don’t have a routine with your leftovers, I would implore you to develop one to save your sanity and cut down on your cooking, or steal mine. You can read about it here.
What do you feed a Gluten Free family of 9?
I’m so glad you asked…here we go!
****I will be using recipes from Various Cookbooks that are Compatible with the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, along with recipes from around the internet. I will link the book and give a page number, or website, where applicable****
**I also cook with my Leftover days in mind, and double almost every recipe that I make. My shopping list will reflect single recipe amounts as we have a much larger than average family to prepare for. **
- Lunch: Slim Sloppy Joes (THMCB P. 63) with boiled veggies and Brown Rice
- Dinner: Leftovers
- Snack: Purist Primer (THMCB P. 127)
- Snack: Leftovers
- Breakfast: Ugly Oats (my recipe in testing)
- Lunch: Pink Salmon Chowder-Trim Healthy Mama Cook Book (I will call it “THMCB” in the rest of the menu) P. 96
- Dinner: Balsamic Chicken (THMCB P. 56) and Quinoa
- Snack: Lemon Fat Stripping Frappa (THMCB P. 419)
- Snack: Cuddle Family Hot Chocolate (THMCB P. 435) with Air Popped Popcorn
- Breakfast: Soaked Buckwheat Grits with Collagen Decaf Coffee
- Lunch: Mulligan Soup (THMCB P. 103)
- Dinner: Grain Free Salmon Patties with Southern Style Green Beans
- Snack: Shake Gone Nuts (THMCB P. 411)
- Snack: Green Vibrance Beauty Milk (THMCB P. 440) a Strawberry Baobab Bar
- Breakfast: Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs (my recipe in testing)
- Lunch: Sweet Potato Oat Soup (THMCB P. 102)
- Dinner: Mama’s Meatloaf (THMCB P. 157) with Cauli Potato Salad (THMCB P. 231)
- Snack: Chocolate Banana Muffins (THMCB P. 283)
- Snack: Green Secret BIG Boy (THCB P. 417)
- Breakfast: Fried eggs and Skillet Veggies
- Lunch: Cheapskate Soup (THMCB P. 88)
- Dinner: Enchilada Wonder Casserole (THMCB P. 145) made with Hello Cheese (THMCB P. 487)
- Snack: Sweet Dream Cookie Bowl Oatmeal (THMCB P. 249)
- Snack: Lemon Pucker Gummies (THMCB P. 387)
- Breakfast: Chocky Nut Crockpot Oatmeal (THMCB P. 257)
- Lunch: Lentil Soup (THMCB P. 89)
- Dinner: Cheeseburger Pie (THMCB P. 149) with Magenta Salad (THMCB P. 233) – using canned beets and sunflower seeds
- Snack: Crema La Toppa Squares (THMCB P. 331)
- Snack: Salted Caramel Gluccie Pudding (THMCB P.351)
- Breakfast: Stovetop Crunch Granola(THMCB P. 255) with Foundation Milk (THMB P. 439)
- Lunch: Pearl’s Chili (THMCB P. 101)
- Dinner: Fakertot Casserole (THMCB P.137), made with liquid (unset) Hello Cheese (THMCB P. 487)
- Snack: Deviled Eggs (THMCB P. 228) and raw veggies
- Snack: Treeces (THMCB P. 378)