Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I may earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running my site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Are you a gluten free household, and following the Trim Healthy Plan? I got you, Lovely Lady!
I am sharing our weekly menu plan for our family of 9, for the week of August 14-20, 2022.
If I had the freezer space to do it, once a month cooking would be my ideal way to manage meal preparation, but most of our freezer space is tied up in our home-raised meats and frozen fruits and veggie stash to help us in our rural western Montana life.
We also plan our food days to coincide with our Saturday sabbath, or Shabbat, and our Leftover day is Sunday.
This helps us eat our way through our leftovers, while also giving this Mama a day off from cooking….WIN!
If you don’t have a routine with your leftovers, I would implore you to develop one to save your sanity and cut down on your cooking, or steal mine. You can read about it here.
What do you feed a Gluten Free family of 9?
I’m so glad you asked…here we go!
****I will be using recipes from Various Cookbooks that are Compatible with the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, along with recipes from around the internet. I will link the book and give a page number, or website, where applicable****
**I also cook with my Leftover days in mind, and double almost every recipe that I make. My shopping list will reflect single recipe amounts as we have a much larger than average family to prepare for. **
- Breakfast: Pizza Grilled Cheese, Trim Healthy Table Cookbook (it will be THT through the rest of the menu) p. 298, made with Simple Kneads Gluten Free Sourdough Bread. Collagen Decaf Coffee (We get Collagen from here or here)
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Cornbread Crusted Mexican Pie, Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook (which will be THMCB in the rest of the menu) p. 132 with Crispy Crunch Okra, THT p. 263
- Snack: Salted Caramel Fat Stripping Frappa, THMCB p. 419
- Snack: Berry Crunch Bars, THMCB p. 392
- Breakfast: Cinnamon Sugar Toast, THT p. 358 with Simple Kneads Gluten Free Sourdough bread and the coconut spray option and my husband’s raw honey in place of pure Monk Fruit Extract Powder.
- Lunch: Soothe Your Soul Soup, (multiplied by 9) THMCB p. 115
- Dinner: Chicken Chicken Bang Bang, (multiplied by 9) THMCB p. 77 with green beans
- Snack: Lemon Fat Stripping Frappa, THMCB p. 419
- Snack: Time for Lime Cupcakes, THMCB p. 306
- Breakfast: Pumpkin BAM Cake, THT p. 385 with Certified Gluten Free Oats from here or here
- Lunch: Travel Food
- Dinner: Travel Food
- Snack: Praline Protein Bars, THMCB p. 391 with Whey or Egg White Protein Powder
- Snack: Cobbler in a jar (in a pan), THMCB p. 335
- Breakfast: Breaggy Fry Up, THMCB p. 244 made with Swiss Bread, THT
- Lunch: Tuscan Tomato Soup, THMCB p. 120
- Dinner: Sweetie on Steroids, THMCB p. 76
- Snack: Green Secret Big Boy, THMCB p. 416
- Snack: Lemon Gummies, THMCB p. 387, we get gelatin from here or here
- Breakfast: Nana’s Fluffy Omelet, THMCB p. 239
- Lunch: Sweetie Pie Swirl, THMCB p. 253
- Dinner: Sweet and Spicy Asian Stir Fry, THMCB p. 84
- Snack: German Chocolate Shake, THMCB p. 413
- Snack: Berry Gummies, THMCB p. 388
- Breakfast: Caramel Apple BAM Cake, THT p. 384
- Lunch: Peanut Satay Trimmy Bisque, THT p. 175
- Dinner: Queso Chicken Bake, THT p.123 with Hello Cheese, THMCB
- Snack: Banana Oat Shake, THMCB p.413
- Snack: Skinny Peppermint Patties, THMCB p. 380 and we use Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil in these
- Breakfast: Chocky Nut Crockpot Oatmeal, THMCB p. 257 real Cacao powder makes all the difference, AND a good Peanut Powder from here or here
- Lunch: Zesty Sweetie Soup, THMCB p. 118
- Dinner: Sweet and Sour Meatballs, THT p. 107 with veggies in coconut oil
- Snack: Peanutty Fudge, THMCB p. 388
- Snack: Meadow’s Lemon Coconut Truffles, THMCB p. 386 we get our coconut from here