I love soup! If you’ve been around the Treehouse, then you will know that soup is how I get my choosy eaters to accept new textures with their sensory processing disorder.
It’s also something that I can add veggies to, without a chole lot of struggle, which is always helpful with lots of littles to feed, and a budget to stick to.
Did I say it was vegetarian AND meatless? Yes! Aren’t you excited now?
I have included links to products we use below, and if you choose to order through any of these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps support the free content you enjoy on this website, and my little, large family.
- 3 small bags cauliflower florets
- 1 bag frozen kale
- 2 Tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 Cup peanut powder, from here or here
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast, from here or here
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 3 Tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos, from here or here
- Mineral Salt to taste, from here or here
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 8 Cups water
- Peanut Butter for drizzling
- Chopped peanuts and green onions, optional toppings
Steam the frozen cauliflower in a pot with a lid until it is cooked. Place in a high-powered blender with the 1-2 cups of water, nutritional yeast, peanut powder and seasonings. Blend until completely smooth. Add back to the pot and then add the remaining ingredients and heat until simmering. Adjust tastes to your preferences, and serve with natural peanut butter, and optional toppings.
***This is an S meal on the Trim Healthy Plan, please enjoy this with some additional protein such as a fuel pull shake or a drink with a protein powder of your choice***