Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I may earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running my site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Are you a gluten free household, and following the Trim Healthy Plan? I got you, Lovely Lady!
I am sharing our weekly menu plan for our family of 9, for the week of April 17-23, 2022.
If I had the freezer space to do it, once a month cooking would be my ideal way to manage meal preparation, but most of our freezer space is tied up in our home-raised meats and frozen fruits and veggie stash to help us in our rural western Montana life.
We also plan our food days to coincide with our Saturday sabbath, or Shabbat, and our Leftover day is Sunday.
This helps us eat our way through our leftovers, while also giving this Mama a day off from cooking….WIN!
If you don’t have a routine with your leftovers, I would implore you to develop one to save your sanity and cut down on your cooking, or steal mine. You can read about it here.
What do you feed a Gluten Free family of 9?
I’m so glad you asked…here we go!
****I will be using recipes from Various Cookbooks that are Compatible with the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, along with recipes from around the internet. I will link the book and give a page number, or website, where applicable****
**I also cook with my Leftover days in mind, and double almost every recipe that I make. My shopping list will reflect single recipe amounts as we have a much larger than average family to prepare for. **
- Breakfast: Ùgly Oats
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Quinoa Goes Cajun – Trim Healthy Mama Cook Book ( I will use “THMCB” in the rest of the menu)
- Snack: Fennel N Fig Shake (Trim Healthy Table), with Air Popped Popcorn and Nutritional Yeast for the kids
- Snack: Leftovers
- Breakfast: Snickerdoodle Scones with Decaf coffee and Nut Pods
- Lunch: Travel Food
- Dinner: Black Beans & GF Corn Bread (my recipe in testing)
- Snack: Brownie Fix Bars with a Banana
- Snack: Travel Food
- Breakfast: Soaked Buckwheat Grits with Collagen Decaf coffee
- Lunch: Wonder Wrap (THMCB P.205) noodle and chicken soup
- Dinner: Mexican Crusted cornbread Casserole (THMCB P. 132)
- Snack: Boiled Eggs and Veg
- Snack: THM Chocolate Chip Cookies (made with yolks)
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and Veg
- Lunch: Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (THMCB P. 100)
- Dinner: Mini Meat Loaves (made into large meat loaf) – THMCB P. 155 with Southern Style Green Beans
- Snack: Easy Oat Bar
- Snack: Root Beer Float (THMCB P. 444) with Collagen and Coconut Milk, Root Beer Extract we get here
- Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal with Duo Greens powder
- Lunch: Tomato Chicken Bisque (THMCB P. 93)
- Dinner: Cowboy Grub – made with Quinoa
- Snack: Celery and PB Powder Spread
- Snack: Matchalicious Thin-Thick (THMCB P. 424), we get Matcha here
- Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal
- Lunch: Mother Hubbard Soup (THMCB P. 97)
- Dinner: Freezer Pizza Crusts (my recipe in testing) with Turkey Sausage and Hello Cheese (THMCB P. 487)
- Snack: BBBB Thin-Thick (THMCB P.425)
- Snack: Praline Protein Bars ( THMCB P. 391)
- Breakfast: Fried Eggs and Skillet Veggies
- Lunch: Trim Zuppa Toscana with Turkey Sausage (THMCB P. 86)
- Dinner: Peanut Popper Chicken ( THMCB P. 164) with Air Fried Veggies seasoned with my Bouillon blend
- Snack: Salted Caramel Fat Stripping Frappa (THMCB P. 419)
- Snack: Chewy Chotein Logs (THMCB P. 390)