Want an easy, gluten free bar that ca be made in minutes?
Then, these are the bars for you, Lovely Lady!
I just wanted something that could be mixed and eaten without having to wash a lot of dishes, and quick enough for me to eat it before the baby woke up.
The oat flour I use is Certified Gluten free, because I buy those type of oats and blend my flour in a blender. You can find a reel I did on Instagram about making it, here.
The green banana flour is new to me, and so far I am finding that I really like it! Very Little flavor, with some nice health benefits as well as some hopeful results in future gluten free baking ideas.
***I have included links to tools and products that I use in this post. If you choose to purchase anything through these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you***
Basic Bar Ingredients:
- 4 Tablespoons Oat Flour, which we make ourselves by grinding Certified Gluten Free Oats in our Vitamix
- 1 Tablespoon Green Banana Flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Collagen, I use this brand or this brand
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, which we order through Azure Standard
- Pinch of mineral salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Monk Fruit Extract Powder or Pure Stevia Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Applesauce
Mix all Dry ingredients together well, and then add the Applesauce. Mash into the dry ingredients with spoon until it is combined enough for you to use your hands, mixing until it comes together like play dough. Form into one large bar, and serve right away, refrigerate or freeze for later (it does freeze very well).
**This is an E meal if you are following the Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle**
Cherry- Leave out the cinnamon and add 1/2 teaspoon Cherry extract.
Lemon Poppy Seed- Leave out cinnamon, and add 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds and 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Extract.