If you live a sugar free lifestyle, certain traditions become more of a challenge, especially when concentrated fruit juices are at the heart of them.
Specifically communion, biblical feasts and celebrations like Shabbat(Jewish Sabbath from sundown Friday evening to Sundown Saturday evening).
As a Trim Healthy Mama, I don’t drink juice, specifically concentrated fruit juices without the whole fruit included for fiber. So, this is SIPPER, yes I was able to make it a sipper, is going to be my new celebratory grape juice-style drink!
***I have included links to products we use below. If you choose to make a purchase through any of these links I may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. This helps me continue to create free content for you to enjoy and support my little, little, large family.***
- 1/4 Cup Dry Butterfly Pea Flowers or 2 Butterfly Pea Tea Bags
- 2 C hot water
- 2-4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Grape flavoring or 1 teaspoon Grape Extract(this one is kosher for Passover)
- 1/2 teaspoon Citric Acid (optional, but gives it the bite of grape juice)
- pinch of Mineral Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baobab Powder(from here or here)
- Sweetener to taste, we use pure stevia(from here or here), gentle sweet or Pure Monk Fruit Extract Powder
Put the Butterfly pea flowers or tea bags in 2 cups of hot water, for several hours or overnight to steep. Strain and put into a quart sized vessel. Add all other ingredients, and mix well. Fill to the top of the vessel with ice cubes and use as an all day sipper on the Trim Healthy Plan or a sugar free celebratory drink to replace grape juice and wine as you would like.
I don’t stress the little sip of grape juice I have at church for communion but this looks great for other occasions.