I’m from the Northwestern United States. BBQ is not big up here, and therefore it was never something that I felt strongly about seeking out.
But, I have been wanting some new options for our family, and my husband really enjoys barbeque flavors, but we did not really love any now that we live sugar free, until we stumbled across the sauce from Primal Kitchen.
With a family of 9, those small bottles do not go very far, so I set about recreating it on a mega family level. This was the final product.
***I have included affiliate links in the recipe below, and if you choose to buy any products through my link, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you***
- 28 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, we get all our spices through here.
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Chipolte Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Mineral Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Black Strap Molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Monk Fruit Extract Powder or you can use Stevia Extract Powder to your taste, I like this and the THM Pure Stevia
Mix all ingredients together, simmer on low, or prepare in advance and refridgerate to allow the flavors to meld together.
This a fuel pull on the Trim Healthy Mama Plan.
Other Ways to use this sauce….
Fried Chicken dip