This recipe is a recreation of one that I used to enjoy when I was young. That recipe called for regular milk, which we now enjoy raw or fermented into kefir in the Treehouse, and a sucralose-based sweetener which we do not use in our home anymore.
I craved that child-hood drink while pregnant with our 7th child, and I wanted to see if I could make it something I could enjoy in any season of life while keeping it a single fuel for our food plan, and dairy free because we did not have any raw milk available at that time and I thought kefir would not work well here.
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 1/4 Cup Plain Unsweetened Whey, I like this or this brand (or Egg White Protein Powder)
- 1 small or half a large Banana (peel and freeze before you make this)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon Banana or Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup ice cubes
- 1/8th teaspoon Pure Monk Fruit Extract Powder
- Peel and freeze your banana several hours in advance, this helps make the shake creamier.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a blender long enough to chop up all the ice.
*This makes a single serving, and it falls into an E setting on the Trim Healthy Mama plan.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
If you want to learn more about the products we use, How to build a gluten free pantry, or how to start making Gluten Free Sourdough you have come to the right place.
Leave a Reply