This recipe was adapted from another recipe that I came across, but it called for gluten free flours that we do not use with our Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, butter, and it mixed fuels…to the drawing board I go!
Thankfully, my family has not been accustomed to much in the way of bread-like creations in the last 6 years and they are happy with anything I have been coming up with during my sourdough adventures.
If you would like to see the video I made on Instagram showing how I made these you can go here.
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Sourdough Starter, or if you do not have a mature starter and would like to purchase some of mine dry, you can go here.
- 1 Cup untreated water
- 2 Cups Certified Gluten Free Oat Flour, we grind Certified gluten free rolled oatmeal in our Vitamix to make this.
- 2/3 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Mineral Salt
- Pull unfed, active sourdough starter out and mix with the water and the oat flour.
- Let it sit for 4-12 hours, I have let it sit 24 hours and it still worked well.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Let sit another 30 minutes to let the Baking Powder and Baking Soda activate fully.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare the baking sheet with Aluminum or parchment, and wide-mouth mason jar lid rings. Or, use a silicone muffin top pan.
- Spray lightly in the rings with cooking spray.
- Fill to just under the top of the rim with the rested batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes
- Pull from the oven and let them sit and be cool enough to pull the muffins out of the rings without burning yourself.
- Let fully cool before you cut into them.
- These are compatible with an E meal on the Trim Healthy Mama plan, keeping it to 1 with room for some fruit, or 2 with no additional carb sources.
If you are looking to create a Gluten Free Sourdough Starter, please join the waiting list for my next workshop here!