This recipe was literally born of my desire to make use of a large amount of Garam Masala spice we had in the cupboard, not to mention I love Indian inspired flavors!
I had just a few ingredients to make use of and I gave it shot, but my husband only tolerates cabbage because they are not mushrooms, which he dislikes more, and if I could win him over I knew it would be blog-worthy!
He LOVED it!
And, with 9 humans to cook for every single meal, I love anything that will help me do that quickly, and with one pan. This recipe ticks all the boxes in the Treehouse.
- 1 medium to large head of cabbage
- 2 pounds ground meat *See note below
- 1 can coconut milk *See note below
- 2 Tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Mineral Salt
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder, we like to buy our spice from here.
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Cook Ground Meat and drain fat, and add spices. Cook a few minutes.
- Cut cabbage to your preference, I diced mine because of toddlers and early eaters
- Add cut cabbage to the pan, and let cook down a few minutes.
- Add your can of coconut milk, you can use another creamy liquid but coconut is a traditional curry addition.
**This recipe can be configured to fit into all fuel types if you are following the Trim Healthy mama plan.
*S- Full fat ground meat of your choice and full fat coconut milk (half and half or heavy cream if you don’t like coconut). Serve with buttered non-starchy veggies like Southern Style Green Beans.
*E-96% or better ground meat (or rinse your meat under VERY hot water, drain and repeat until you get the most fat off possible), plus lite coconut milk or other Dairy free nut/seed milk. Serve with Brown Rice or Quinoa.
*Fuel Pull- Extra Lean ground meat ,or rinsed meat like for an E meal, and lite coconut milk or nut milk. Serve with non-starchy Veggies or over greens.