Do you have some Gluten Free Sourdough Discard that you need to use up?
Are you craving cake?
Did you know that sourdough and cake could be in the same sentence?
Go ahead and make this delicious chocolate cake that I created just so I would have a place to use all that amazing discard for my family, from those baking days that my timing is just off and I miss my baking window.
Do you ever have those kind of baking days?
- 1/2C Gluten Free Sourdough discard, if you need to find some starter you can go here or join the waiting list for my next Workshop.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2-2 teaspoons Monk Fruit Extract Powder, or your preferred sweetener to taste
- 1 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 C water or brewed coffee
- 1/4 Cup Butter or Coconut Oil(for dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, from here or here
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
Blend water, butter and 2 eggs in a blender until smooth and frothy. Add all other ingredients and blend until glossy and smooth. Pour into an 8×8 baking dish, and Bake at 350 for 30-35 min.
**This recipe serves 8 to keep the carb count down so that this can fall into an S setting on the Trim Heathy Plan. If you have a larger piece you will end up having a crossover.**
Thank you for stopping by!
If you are looking for more Gluten Free Sourdough Recipes or for a Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle Coach who understands the food boundary life, you have come to the right place!
Leave a Reply