It is cold, and icy here in Western Montana. Perfect weather for a great big pot of Chili to be simmering on the stove!
I like a really flavor full chili, and once we had to be cautious of gluten in our foods, that made it a challenge to just grab a seasoning packet off the grocery shelf like I used to.
I have a bit of a DIY attitude, and many of the recipes I have tried for chili seasoning did not leave me or my family completely satisfied. So, when I tweaked it enough that my husband looked at me and said, “this one is good, hunee!” I knew it was the winner!
I have included links to products my family uses below. If you choose to purchase something through the links, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. This will support my little, large, family and help me continue to provide free content here for you to enjoy.
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Mineral Salt
We buy most of our bulk spices from here
- Mix everything together, getting the clumps out before adding to your soup. This mixture is for one large pot of chili, large meaning it will feed more than 12 people because that is how we roll around here.
- If your pot of soup is small, add by the teaspoon until you reach your desired level of flavoring. We enjoy very flavorful food, and I suggest that you own your flavors here.
***If you are following the Trim Healthy Plan, this blend would make a great addition to any chili of your choice, in any fuel type.***
Thank you so much for stopping by!
If you want to learn more about the products we use, How to build a gluten free pantry, or how to start making Gluten Free Sourdough you have come to the right place.
Leave a Reply