I’m cashing in on fond memories of meals my grandma used to cook for our family, with this recipe. It probably doesn’t hurt that I’m pregnant and craving grits too.
The original included copious amounts of cheese, and sausage, which is not something I wanted to pair with my grits, but I knew how to fix this!
I removed the dairy, and a secret ingredient to help decrease the carbs per serving. it worked so well that my southern husband thought it was nothing but corn grits. That means “Mission Accomplished” around the Treehouse.
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I may earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running my site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
- 1 Cup Corn Grits
- 3 Cups water
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons minced, dry onions
- 2 teaspoons mineral salt, from here or here
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast, from here or here
- 1 – 12oz bag of frozen cauliflower florets, blended while frozen into a fine “powdery” texture while frozen.
- 1 Cup egg whites
- Cook 1 Cup of the corn grits in 3 Cups water, with the nutritional yeast. Then, add all other ingredients and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 minutes in a 9×13 casserole dish.
**This recipe falls into an E meal setting on the Trim Healthy plan if you eat more than 1/6 of the recipe. Otherwise it hits the maximum amount of net carbs for a Fuel Pull or S meal if this is split into 6 servings. **
Thank you for stopping by!
If you want to know how to Cook Less and Eat More, or want to look into my Trim Healthy Lifestyle Coaching Services, you’ve come to the right place!