As the mother to 7 children, and believe me we may be completely gluten free, but pancakes are a universal language in the breakfast universe! A good recipe is worth its weight in maple syrup, pure grade A of course!
So, I set about to make one, just for my crew…..
It’s not an easy thing to transition to a gluten free lifestyle, because at first nothing tastes or acts right. Fluffy pancakes are few and far between, especially in the whole grain gluten free flour world.
But, I do believe these ones are the ONES! Even my husband thought the texture was amazing.
- 1 Cup Oat Flour, we grind ours from Certified Gluten Free Rolled Oats or buy the flour from here
- 1/2 Cup water, you can use dairy free milk but I find the final product is much better with water
- 1/2 Cup egg whites, egg free peeps can use water + 1/2 teaspoon glucomannan or xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Stevia Extract Powder, we get ours from here or here.
- 3 Pinches of Mineral salt, we get ours from here or here.
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon ACV or Lemon Juice
Mix all dry ingredients together, with a whisk, until well combined. Add all your wet ingredients, except for the ACV or Lemon Juice (whichever you want to use). Mix well, and until there are no lumps. Then, add the vinegar or lemon juice. Let this mixture sit for at least 10-15 minutes to let the action happen.
Preheat a ceramic griddle, yes you can use a pan but make sure it is non-stick because oat flour is crazy sticky even with spray, to about 250 or 300 degrees. Then drop the batter by 1/4 Cup-fulls on the the surface and even out the surface so it is all the same thickness. Let the pancakes become very bubbly all over the top and “dry-ish” looking before you flip. Then, flip and let cook an additional 3 minutes.
***These are an E fuel on the Trim Healthy Plan, and approximately 1/4 of this recipe would be a serving size*** And, they go fantastically with my Maple-Nut Syrup!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
If you want to learn more about my Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle Coaching, Products we use, or how to make killer, lowfat green beans you have come to the right place.