Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I may earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running my site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Are you a gluten free household, and following the Trim Healthy Plan? I got you, Lovely Lady!
I am sharing our weekly menu plan for our family of 9, for the week of March 20-26, 2022.
If I had the freezer space to do it, once a month cooking would be my ideal way to manage meal preparation, but most of our freezer space is tied up in our home-raised meats and frozen fruits and veggie stash to help us in our rural western Montana life.
We also plan our food days to coincide with our Saturday sabbath, or Shabbat, and our Leftover day is Sunday.
This helps us eat our way through our leftovers, while also giving this Mama a day off from cooking….WIN!
If you don’t have a routine with your leftovers, I would implore you to develop one to save your sanity and cut down on your cooking, or steal mine. You can read about it here.
What do you feed a Gluten Free family of 9?
I’m so glad you asked…here we go!
****I will be using recipes from Various Cookbooks that are Compatible with the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, along with recipes from around the internet. I will link the book and give a page number, or website, where applicable****
**I also cook with my Leftover days in mind, and double almost every recipe that I make. My shopping list will reflect single recipe amounts as we have a much larger than average family to prepare for. **
- Breakfast: Travel food
- Lunch: Travel food
- Dinner: Spring Quinoa Risotto with “Pre, Pro and Post” Shake from Trim Healthy Future
- Snack: Brownie Fix Bar and Collagen Americano
- Snack: Leftovers
- Breakfast: Brownie Batter Overnight Oats with gelatin tea
- Lunch: BEST Egg Salad with raw veggies
- Dinner: Trim Mac Salad (no cheese) in Bread in a Mug (Original THM Book)
- Snack: Easy Quinoa Bar, recipe in testing
- Snack: Celery and Peanut butter
- Breakfast: Bananas Foster (E style from Trim Healthy Future) Crockpot Oatmeal(Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook)
- Lunch: Everything Bagel Seasoning Chicken Salad with raw veggies
- Dinner: Whole 30 Big Mac Casserole, replacing the potatoes with cauliflower and/or radishes.
- Snack: My Favorite Overnight Oatmeal, I like to make it with Peanut Flour instead of Cocoa
- Snack: Snickers Shake, I use Foundation Milk from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.
- Breakfast: Upside Down Peach Oatmeal Bake, made with Unsweetened Applesauce and not yogurt.
- Lunch: Split Pea Soup
- Dinner: Beef and Veggie Bowls with Comeback Sauce
- Snack: Boiled Eggs and raw veggies
- Snack: Superfood Chocolate Blizzard
- Breakfast: “Beagle Sandwich” with eggs and Keto Bagels
- Lunch: Quinoa Lentil Chili
- Dinner: Bruschetta Chicken with Southern Style Green Beans
- Snack: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Snack: Celery and PB Powder Spread
- Breakfast: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Lunch: Ten Minute Taco Soup
- Dinner: Whole 30 Chicken “Parm” with salad and DF Italian Dressing
- Snack: Hot Chocolate Breakfast Cereal
- Snack: Vanilla Protein Cake
- Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal
- Lunch: Red Bean Quinoa and Kale soup
- Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, I will replace the arrowroot flour with some xanthan gum or glucomannan to thicken the sauce. I will also use a bag of cauliflower in place of the potatoes.
- Snack: Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Snack: Popcorn with Collagen Tea and Nut Pods